6.09.2010

Mágico (quase... quase*)





















This album has a big, sweeping sound. Chris Goss and I produced it together and he was more of a musician/band member than a producer. We recorded Followed the Waves as a trial, to see if we really wanted to work together and it was so laid back I didn't even think it'd make it on the record. The only players on the original version of that song were me, Josh Homme and Kyuss drummer Brandt Bjork. The direction I gave Brandt was to just play it like Kyuss's Blues For The Red Sun. So here we were recording the first song for my first solo project for a potential first album and I essentially had Kyuss as my backing band. Magical. [Melissa Auf der Maur, Novembro, 2003]

* Não é PJ Harvey quem quer. Melissa mostra-se bastante aplicada e competente (falta-lhe o resto). Aspereza: isso seria magia ruiva por inteiro. Cortava-se um pouco no big, sweeping sound.

Arquivo do blogue