12.19.2006

Não deixa de constituir parte do intervalo




















«I didn't realize that I was dealing not with my sister, but with a human being who had so much suppressed emotion. If I had fed that unseen part of her, that part that parents and friends and nobody knew, except presumably her lovers, I could have done much more for her. I too, you see, was underdeveloped in that respect. I wasn't speaking to human beings. Everyone liked me. Everyone accepted me. I was sympathetic. But that meant that I did not go threw the mill of suffering with others. Of knowing what went behind the scene. So, for me, most of the people was still characters in a play. And naturally my heart went out to the sick and to the poor, and to the exploited and to the slaves, but they were slaves and they were sick, they were not particular people. They were not individuals. And so I repproach myself now, very very largelly, of having failed my sister Hephzibah in not having been able to talk to her. Wich I could have, had I myself had any experience, about her deep emotional life.»

Yehudi Menuhin sobre a sua irmã Hephzibah Menuhin.

Arquivo do blogue