4.24.2012

Queremos muito ver isto



In the pilot, you have Hannah reference her tattoos and explain their origins. Why did you feel the need to include that scene, and are Hannah's reasons your reasons -- that it was a body control thing she did in high school after a weight gain?

That was something Judd [Apatow] suggested. He was like, "Why don't you point them out? This is a character who's a little socially awkward. She's not a super hipster girl, yet she's covered in tattoos. Which is what you are." I sort of tend to equate tattoos with prisoners, punks or people with a high level of self-confidence. I don't necessarily have a covered-in-tattoos personality. So, Judd sort of was like, "Just say something honest about why." So, I wrote that scene and it is pretty close. I don't think I would have phrased it that way to myself at the time. At the time, it was like, "My friend Marina has tattoos, and I'm gonna get one." I sometimes want to make a book of every tattoo I wanted to get before I actually got a tattoo, because there were so many awful ideas and concepts. But once I did it, it got totally addictive. I'd say I had a very active tattooing period from 17 to 21, and since then, I've gotten a few tiny things, but I haven't been tattooed in a while.

(...)

What did you think of Lee Aronsohn's comments that television has reached "labia saturation"?

I was talking to Judd about that, and Judd was like, "I feel bad for him because he's just the guy who makes a million jokes." It's such an assholic thing to say. It's so dickish ... I think Sarah Silverman had a quote where she was like, "Sometimes with an old guy with misogyny you're just like, 'You cute old guy. You misogynist.'" I almost feel like that man is holding on desperately to a world that no longer exists ... I felt especially bad for him because it's not even a funny joke. If you had a good quip, I'd be like, "Well, you're a dick, but at least you're a good comedy writer." But with that, I was like, "Come on, dude. 'Labia saturation point'?" It's also so dumb. There's three shows on TV about women, so I guess we really reached our limit. It's not like three-quarters of the world is comprised of women, you idiot.

Arquivo do blogue