2.09.2010

Taça da Liga



















[...] Regarding my recent listening habits, there's a group called the Wooden Shjips from San Francisco. We got to play with them when we played there. They're psych and drony and great. There's another guy from Portugal called The Legendary Tiger Man, a one-man rockabilly band, with a bass drum, snare drum and guitar. He uses three mics, one normal one, one with a kazoo, and one under his neck. You can't imagine that all that noise is coming from one person. The first time I heard him in a Paris record shop I thought it was an Alan Vega record I hadn't heard before.

Having watched you in Sheffield play with a group of friends, including Richard Hawley, your sister Saskia and some of the Fat Truckers, I wondered if you had ever thought about doing a little tour: An evening with Jarvis Cocker and Richard Hawley. A night of anecdotes and music... (Susan Scott, Perth, Scotland)
It might get a bit Richard Stilgoe and Peter Skellern, mightn't it? It would certainly be interesting. Maybe one night would be OK. If we did it on a regular basis, it would be quite bad for my health, because being with Richard Hawley would probably involve quite a lot of drinking.

[...] I was once in the Groucho Club, and Will Self was in there, moaning, as he always seemed to be. I never really got on with him. Anyway, Keith Allen sat him down and said, "Will, the reason you don't like Jarvis is because he's got charm and you haven't." So, if Keith Allen is the arbiter of charm, I guess I have.


[First Cuts, An audience with... Jarvis Cocker, Uncut, Fev. 2010]

Arquivo do blogue