5.04.2007

Música de embalar
























«"I think it's the most important movement in modern music. I mean, fuck The Beatles! Krautrock had nothing to do with The Beatles, it came from classical avant-garde and free jazz, it didn't come from pop. It was really self-contained, brutal, hard, and cold, and I just loved it. I think the only reason Can came up with the story about how they heard The Beatles' "I Am The Walrus" and were inspired to start a band was because they wanted to be accepted by western musicians and fans - they're gonna say that just to get 'in'. Schmidt came from Stockhausen, Liebzeit from free jazz." So were the Nurse seeds planted out in Germany? "Oh yeah, for the first time I really felt that I'd found real kindred spirits, this was what I wanted to do - especially the cold relentlessness of the first two Kraftwerk albums, Kluster, Amon Duul, I was absolutely moved by it."»

«Stapleton picks out the Current 93 LP, In Menstrual Night, as a landmark in the realization of his aesthetic and I relay the poetic way that Tibet had first described it to me. "I wondered where dreams went to when they died in your heart and your soul," David had explained. "Some strange graveyard - I wanted to recreate that feeling of when you're at some party, a bit drunk, and you start to drift off to sleep. You start to remember the voices of your childhood and they mingle with the distant sounds of the party, an old nursery rhyme floats past, all part of a bizarre collage. Then the drum enters, like a dream going to feed the moon's soul."»

«After the Klaus Shultz-esque spaceways drift of 1986's Spiral Insana and the meditative mantra float of the 3 LP Soliloquy For Lilith set, Stapleton made his retreat to Ireland and his goat farm. In direct contrast to the claustrophobic intensity of the earlier Nurse stuff, sometime around Spiral Insana Stapleton's music began to really open out and became much more expansive in intent.»

Nurse With Wound visita-nos. A entrevista. O concerto. A opinião fica para mais tarde.

Arquivo do blogue